Below you will find the most relevant policies related to this course. As a Westchester Community College student you should familiarize yourself with the college’s policies and procedures, which contain your rights and responsibilities. Check WCC’s Student Policies web page for a complete list: http://www.sunywcc.edu/student-services/policies/
This class will be conducted in accordance with the college’s Student Code of Conduct and basic standards of academic honesty. Cheating, plagiarism, or any other form of academic dishonesty will not be tolerated.
For more information about Westchester Community College’s Academic Honesty Policy, please visit:
classroom conduct policy
In the interest of establishing and maintaining an appropriate learning environment, maximizing the educational benefits to all students, maintaining an atmosphere of safety and comfort, and clarifying the faculty and students’ expectation of classroom conduct, the College has established the following:
- Students are expected to arrive on time. If you are unavoidably late and the instructor permits you to enter, please do so quietly and seat yourself quickly.
- Students are expected to refrain from participating in personal conversations during class.
- Every student is expected to focus on the class lesson. Please refrain from doing other class work, reading non-course materials, eating, drinking, or sleeping.
- Students are expected to use appropriate language at all times and be polite to one another.
- Students are expected to remain seated during class, unless the student has notified the instructor or case of an emergency.
- Students must turn off all cell phones and beepers prior to the beginning of class.
- Visitors are only allowed with permission from the instructor.
- Students are expected to refrain from packing up and preparing to leave until the instructor has dismissed the class. It is the instructor’s responsibility to dismiss the class at the proper time.
Student Code of Conduct and Sanctioning Guide
The Student Code of Conduct manual can be found at:
The Sanctioning Guide can be found at: http://www.sunywcc.edu/cms/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/WCC-Sanctioning-Guide-1.pdf